As far as good years go, I have to say 2018 was an absolute banger for me.
I had so many incredible experiences, I’m a little worried my travel plans for 2019 won’t be able to top it!
I’ve achieved a lot this year and worked hard to make many of my dreams come true. Top of the list is moving to Scotland, which I’ve fantasized about for eight years.
I started the year in Canada, ticking off my second ski season at Big White Ski Resort in British Columbia.
It was due to this freeing lifestyle that I was able to take 7 weeks off to hike the Scottish National Trail. It had always been a dream of mine to complete a long-distance hike- but I never imagined I would hike the length of a country!
I also started writing a book about my hike, which will be released in 2019.
Here is a collection of my favourite snaps I’ve taken on my Sony A6500 and some other unfortgettable experiences I’ve had this year as a solo female travel blogger.
1. Dog Sledding in Canada
2. Climbing an Ice Tower
3. Snowmobiling in Canada
4. Snowshoeing in Canada
5. Spending a weekend in Vancouver
6. Completing my second ski season in Canada
7. A trip to London
8. Visiting the Tower of London
9. Spending a week in Dundee
10. Exploring the Glasgow Necropolis
11. Moving to Edinburgh
12. Exploring Melrose Abbey
13. Waking up to this view of Loch Glencoul on the Scottish National Trail
14. Via Ferrata in Kinlochleven with Watch Me See
Photo: Vertical Descents
15. Spending the weekend hiking in Rannoch Moor (read the post here)
16. Exploring castles in Scotland
17. Spending a weekend promoting the Isle of Skye (read the post here)
18. Visiting Eilean Donan castle
What was your highlight for 2018?